Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bidadari dari Kayangan




Wild orchids, viewed from level 5.
____
Kantoi.
I’m scared, sort of. I’ve nothing to hide really, except a thing or two. But she’s a dear friend here. And now I’m going to lose my bragging right – you know, “I’ve a blog but you dunno abt it..blahblah” So, S- if you're reading this, I'm really sorry for not sharing this with you all this while - say something will ya?
___
Note to self:
If I ever have a boyfriend (the real kind), I’m not going to refer to him as ‘my boy’ during semi-reunion lunch with girlfriends. The mere word (boy) reminds me of things like incest (Euuww!) and who’s that sweet young guy who got tangle with Gimme Moore (with pun intended) after she broke up with Billy- or Willy-something? However, for married persons as opposed to singles out there, the possessive determiner ‘my’ is quite important whenever you would like to mention your spouse and kids etc. esp. during catch-ups with long-lost friends, so as not to be confused with other people’s spouse and kiddies. Though, first names work just fine with me (it might sounds rude to some people if you’re to refer to your hubby according to his given name). BTW, did you hear me complaining? I, who liberally sprinkle my blog-writing with ‘I, me & myself’? (Is it too much?) I have been advised though to skip the self-pompous ‘I’ and the royal ‘we’ (even for a co-author paper) in journal-writing.
___
She boleh? New words (in today’s the Star's Lifestyle)
shibboleth /"SIb@lET/ · n. a custom, principle, or belief distinguishing a particular class or group of people. – ORIGIN C17: from Heb. _ibbZleC ‘ear of corn’, used as a test of nationality by its difficult pronunc. (Judg. 12:6).
____
Being in the same room with policy-makers, good mix of industry and academia, invited speaker from J*TRO,*PU, MT*N and (in *PM complex some more) - all those initials & an alarmingly high ratio of puffs to non-puffs (excusez moi, I’m still ‘young’ ok while they’re ‘old’), give me shivers but perhaps this is what ‘more’ or ‘life beyond thesis’ that I’m looking for?

About ten years ago, I was slaving for a few bucks an hour in a wafer fabrication plant that produced dies, PCB (printed circuit board?), etc. and look at me the other day *lookofwonder* – participated (by listening je..) in discussing the state and future of Malaysian manufacturing industries in particular electrical & electronic industry. And that puff – he still want to know my research findings!
___
I shalt not has respect for thou…
Why is it our politician esp. those big-shots like to assume that they simply have to shake hand with everyone whenever they come in (or going ) sort of like in a popularity contest when you as a Muslim know that it wasn’t wise & necessary? Am I a prude? How about the Japanese guy who show better respect (perhaps it’s his culture *sigh*) by simply nodding his head? Yes, it’s a small thing (some of you might argued) but it make me confuse -
___
My ‘slebet’ness (aka selekehness) is confirmed too since I had to imitate that opening act from Pretty Woman - painting my heels with a black marker pen! It’s actually my relatively new strappy sandal for all occasions including driving thus only the left side was damaged (manual car la..changed gears a lot in order to accelerate faster). Earlier this week, a (new colleague) friend who wear 4-inch heels (wow! I can’t never walk with this one) and went for RM1600 facial package of 8 sessions (Ish! what I can do with that amount of money) told me, “Wait la til you start working & earning money..” But I’ve had working experience before, still I didn’t spent much on dressing up, never bought gold-jewellery other than the necessary piece of Zhulian (coz my sister is selling) and once an original piece for mak (compulsory gift it’s not). I was once like her (my friend not mak) too - court shoes, briefcase, properly made-up faces with foundation, lipstick & everything but now I’m lucky enough to put up a ‘show’ with beg mengkuang instead of plastic bag that I get from buying magazine, sandal instead of oversized selipar jepun, and freshly scrubbed face instead of pimply ones (blamed the stress from all these years of studying)!
____
Buai laju2…aku nak kawin dengan anak raja!
Cerita basi dah ni but I’ve just realized now that I’ve bought the digicam I’ve never ‘cuci walau sekeping gambar’! My friend (from Pangkor era) msgd yesterday saying that the photos are all cantik and clear blahblah (ahem! look who’s taking the shot)…Usually I couldn’t wait to finish a roll of film so that I can immediately see my ‘catch of the moments’ (aka official family photographer)…that was back in the sweet olde days. Now that I can immediately see the scene that is being captured, there’s no more sense of urgency & thus the photos are kept on in its binary format (don’t you even think of computer crash!). Her fave is this shot (replace her with me instead) since –well, the above sub-title is pretty obvious isn’t it? From an old (50s or 60s) movie- Bawang Putih Bawang Merah -I think..
Funny that I remember now…I wasn’t the only one who immediately thought & sang (sans the melody) that bits of song while sitting on the buaian (swing) – one of the guys who walked by also said the same phrase!

7 comments:

D said...

rad, it's been awhile since I came over. Sorry miss, busy busy bee... Hey, buai tu besar la, may I sit there with you??

simah said...

rad... otak i tengah kantoi baca banyak topic dalam satu entry hehehhe

dok penat..will come back n reread this entry...

stay cool :0)

Idham said...

:) hehehe....gimme moore....love to read that! makes me grin and blush at the same time....thinking to myself " awww, rad is saying that...is she as notty in real life?"
hehehehe

buai laju2
samapi hujung dahan
apa dalam baju
ermmm...eh, lupa la?? apa ek dalam baju??
hehehe
id

J.T. said...

Rad, in your Note to Self, may I suggest that if you want to introduce your 'boy'friend to others, just go ahead and introduce him by name? Let the people keep guessing who he is if they are too shy to enquire. And for those who do ask you, just say he is 'my significant other'. haha
Question: How do you skip the self pompous "I" when you are trying to tell someone about what you did or think? Do you refer yourself in the third person? hmmm..
Wow.. RM1,600 on a facial package is, to me, a waste. It is not about "wait la till you start working and earning money". It is about priorities in life. If she can afford it, well and good. But if she is splurging that amount for vanity and forsaking other important things, then that really is something else. sigh...
Oh! just excuse my ramblings, I have not been blogging for four days. Random words are flowing out. :)

rad said...

d,
It's OK - I should know better -other things to do!
That buaian ah, you may not sit beside me coz it's reserved only for anak raja (lelaki sahaja! Heheheh...
Psstt! I'm waiting for my prince charming there.

simah,
Yeah, I can just imagine how penat (& excited you're) - must be difficult to come back to everyday life's happenings now eh? But no, there's another excitement to look forward for next month!
I'll just smile & see from afar on how you try to contain your gleefulness.

Abe id,
I wonder, what 'gimme more' that easily makes you grin & blush up there? No-no, I'm not notty at all - I'm an honest to goodness person! Heheheh...whatever that means.
Camana boleh lupa ni? Apa dalam

jt,
You're exactly right there - introduce our boyfren/spouse/hubby/partner/SO/kids by their names! And makes life easier for everyone! Imagine how grating it is to listen to 'my boy' again & again during lunch with your (supposedly) best friends!
Regarding the 'self-pompous I' - I think I'll just succumb to temptation - after all this is a personal blog isn't it? OH, don't bother to count the 'I's - too many, as usual.
That RM1600 - can almost cover my tuition fee for a semester. And to make us feel better, she's regretting it coz the product isn't that fantastic after all, the services was lukewarm if not sickening! (very pushy & downright irritating girls) & to add salt to her already bleeding purse, "My husband doesn't even notice the difference on my face!"
BTW, your ramblings are always appreciated here. Heheheh...

rad said...

Abe id,
Sori -hangin' pulak ayat atas tu -
Apa dalam baju?
SEKUNTUM BUNGA CINA!

(If I'm not mistaken, bukan ke ni bunga yg selalu ditanam kat perkuburan?)

. said...

Assalamualaikum.. Kak Rad.. I miss you..

yeah..6 years to finish the degree..a Herstorical..not historical because I am a girl..a girl's story is her story...

Kak Rad...
hope to find you, hope to meet you..thanks for accompanying me in my "Journey to Myself".

Kak Rad,
there's one thing that might be typical for anyone to say or hear but true...and I would like very much to share it with you..

"Be Yourself"

accept yourself as what you are, as who you want you to be..you know yourself better, right?

i.e: throw away sympathy, practice to empathy..that shows respect.

what I know is, we are not the desperate person who will just take anything into our life even if that thing did not suit us, right? We have the ability to choose....and Kak Rad...I like you.. Kamek sayang kitak...

Love, Moneirah...

p/s: accept yourself, never degrading yourself because that's one of the biggest lie, and to live this life, we need to live by truth..only the truth...